of 2

St Patricks Tournament - March 17th

12 replies
Vote Points:
+30
Rare Trainer
LEVEL 8
Admins
This tournament is a 6v6 using only GREEN Pokemon to get into the spirit of St Patricks Day!

Please note: You may use the Shiny version of the Pokemon found in the GREEN category. You can not use Pokemon outside of this GREEN category even if they are green when in their shiny form.

There will be two tournaments. They will begin on March 17th.
The first will begin at 01:00 March 17th.
The second will begin at 16:00 March 17th.
These times will be based off of the official server time. You can view what time it is by using the /telltime command.

Rules:
6 Pokemon Each
Level Cap: 100
Held items are allowed
No potions or cures
NO UBER TIER LEGENDARIES
Species Clause Enabled
GREEN Pokemon Only

Rewards:
First Place- $15 Shop Credit + Semi Final Reward + 2 Crate keys of choice
Second Place- $10 Shop Credit + Semi Final Reward + 1 Crate key of choice
Semi Finalists- 1 Crate key of choice

If you have any questions about this, please comment below and we will be glad to help.

To enter, simply be online when the tournament begins.
Gym Manager
Elite 4 Coordinator
Tourney Manager
Posted Mar 1, 19 · OP · Last edited Mar 1, 19 by [Admin] thegamingA...
Vote Points:
+755
Common Trainer
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
To be sure, to be sure, my Caterpie will have his day!
Posted Mar 9, 19
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+171
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
Just out of curiosity (even though I suspect I could never actually participate in a tournament), the "No Uber Legendaries" rule excludes Rayquaza and Zygarde, but allows Virizion, Tornadus, Celebi, and Shaymin (Land). Celesteelia is also listed as Uber, but, since it's not a legend, it's fine, too, right? Also, in the Uber category but not legends are Alolan Muk, Tyranitar, and Venusaur. Since they aren't legends, though, they're okay, right?

In short, the only "green" Pokemon we can't use are Rayquaza and Zygarde, correct?

And, I assume this is like the previous tournament I tried to enter, where being online at the start time isn't actually enough to partipate, but that you have to be on a half-hour ahead of time, see a roll call announcement that, depending on the speed of chat, may or may not be reasonably visible, and then screenshot and invert colors on the Tournament board (or hope someone who can see the tournament board will tell you who you're playing next) since it's not legible to people with certain dissabilities. Like I said, I have serious doubts that I'd ever be able (or even welcome) to participate in a tournament, but, if I understood the "tiers" stuff, at least I could try again, I suppose. *shrugs*

Signed, Quaggy
Posted Mar 11, 19
Vote Points:
+185
Scarce Trainer
LEVEL 6
Untagged users
No uber legendarius, that is it. Any other legendary for as long as it belongs to the green category is allowed. Ultra Beasts are not legendaries. Alolan Muk, TTar and Venu aren't ereally in the Uber category, they're very much lower. Please refer to the Smogon pokemon tiers.

As for the rollcalls, even if you don't pay that much attention you can remeber the time. Rollcalls usually happen at 30 mins before the tourney starts, 15 mins and 5 mins. Additionally, people flooding the chat saying "me" can tell you if a rollcall is indeed happening.
Posted Mar 11, 19
Vote Points:
+171
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
I used this page: https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/uber/

So, the group at the bottom (Other Pokemon with strategies) don't count as Ubers? Only the top ones do? That's good to know.

Yeah, now that I have some idea what to look for, I think I might be able to figure out when the rollcall is occuring. I had no idea about it the first time (because the tournament posts always say you just have to be online to particpate, and there's no mention of the rollcall at all). I've played on another server in the distant past (back when there was only 1 Pixelmon mod, i.e. before the C&D order), and they had a tournament hall that was part of the server warp system (and that mods sent a tpa to prior to a tourney starting). To enter, all you had to do was press a stone button, and signs in the tournament center clearly said this, as well as refering people to a forum post listing precise information about what Pokemon were allowed in the weekend touraments (as in, a list of allowed Pokemon). The tournament board was actually posted there in the tournament center on signposts the mods updated, so it was kind of like an event. I expected something similar, but, of course, tournaments here are much different (and, until recently, I didn't even realize that this server *had* tournaments! Since there was no warp to a tournament center, I assumed Harmony didn't have them).

That said, entering is only the first hurdle (well, second if you count the odd time slots, neither of which is directly in-range of when I typically play, though the 1am is, at least, possible, if unlikely). Figuring out how to read Smogon's confusing tier pages (that list many Pokemon as part of a tier when they clearly are not) and then figuring out how to play without a legible tournament board (I assume the battles auto-start, right?) are also factors. Still, it's the only way to get the third PokeMaster (since there's no E4 and, if they end up being player gyms, it's irrelevant because player gyms are almost never open when I'm online and able to battle, anyway). Thus, I'm inclined to try these tourneys... however much I might suspect that it's pretty much impossible for me to participate.

Also, from the post, I saw no mention of any participation prize or what each "level" gets. Do these tournaments not include this? Or is it just an occassional participation prize (like the PokeDoll tournament)?

Thanks for helping me understand this system! (I know I ask a lot of questions, but I find it really confusing because I've only had one other experience with Pixelmon server tournaments... and tournaments here appear to operate completely differently... and there's really no guide to help us understand how they work on this server, or, at least, no guide that I could find.)

Signed, Quaggy
Posted Mar 11, 19
Vote Points:
+185
Scarce Trainer
LEVEL 6
Untagged users
Pokemon with strategies are pokemon that are very much viable in the selected tier, despite belonging into a different tier. They are not ubers but can be used in uber without much trouble.

After the last rollcall AC, or whoever is hosting the tournament at the time will have to also take some time to make a bracket at pixelmonharmony.com/bracket
It is either up to you or your opponent to teleport to each other and commence battle.

There is no "level" prize, as the bracket already includes positions of semi-finale and finale, the rewards are written on this very post.
Posted Tue at 02:37 am
Vote Points:
+171
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
Ah, I see. So, when it comes to restrictions, just ignore them. Got it. Thanks! :)

Well, hopefully, my opponent can look at the tournament board and contact me for the battle. If that doesn't work, then there's not a lot I can do about it, anyway.

Yes, I saw the rewards on the post, but they only mention the rewards for semi-finals and up, not the individual lower levels of the tourneys. I assume most tourneys have more than 4 entries and thus more levels than finals (2) and semi-finals (4). That said, it looks like this tournament doesn't have participation prizes, as such, and I can't find any mention of them on any other tournament posts, either. I guess the PokeDoll tournament was a one-time thing, huh? (That really makes the fact that I was excluded from it even worse, but oh well, what's done is done.) I hope they do something like that again in the future (and maybe rotate to better time slots occassionally), as tournaments do require a large investment of time and resources. Without participation prizes, it's hard to justify making the effort (other than for the final group of Pokemaster challenges, i.e. once you've completed at least 10).

But I'm grateful for the information. Good luck to everyone who participates!

Signed, Quaggy
Posted Tue at 11:14 am
Vote Points:
+185
Scarce Trainer
LEVEL 6
Untagged users
That first line scares me. If there is a restriction that states you can't use specific pokemon you shouldn't ignore it. The Smogon tiers go from PU to Ubers. Pokemon from lower tiers can be used in the higher tiers, but pokemon from higher tiers can'tbe used in the lower tiers. Example being that you cannot use RU pokemon in the PU tier.
Posted Tue at 11:24 am
The_Kursed_One o
The_Kursed_One @ Harmony
Vote Points:
+556
Uncommon Trainer
LEVEL 3
Online on Site
Untagged users
Just for confirmation, shaymin is allowed as long as its not in sky form?
EDIT: Also it lists Minior(Green) is it allowed? Just wondering since it has multiple color variants
Posted Wed at 07:39 pm · Last edited Wed at 20:10 by The_Kursed...
Vote Points:
+30
Rare Trainer
LEVEL 8
Admins
yep, that's correct, all pokes that fall under green can be used (Minior included but it MUST be its green core and not any others, else you run the risk of being disqualified, if you're not sure what colour it is, then don't use it :p)
Gym Manager
Elite 4 Coordinator
Tourney Manager
Posted Wed at 08:27 pm · OP
Page
of 2
Alert Pixelmon Harmony
play.PixelmonHarmony.com
42 / 360
Today's Record: 104 players (3 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 136 players (Sun at 1:00)
Monthly Record: 140 players (Mar 1, 19)
NoticeNotices