of 2

A fundamental change in Ivs-Inheritance

15 replies
Vote Points:
+178
Sparse Trainer
LEVEL 7
Untagged users
Let me make one more point that I just thought of. There is a video, that explains exactly what I was proposing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mej6UCJIsEg

It was made in 2015. The reason is, because stuff like 100% Dittos weren t supposed to be in the game or lets say - nearly impossible. 100 % Dittos WEREN T in the actual game and NEITHER were they supposed to be in pixelmon :d . The reason they are is, because Dys introduced manual Ivs editing or nowdays IVs scrolls :d . In a sense breeding as it is common on this server is highly irregular.

Also: That guy said, he needed to catch around 40 slowpokes to be able to breed a perfect one. I think that is entirely reasonable given how easy it is to obtain pokeballs and how some pokemon spawn in a patch of 5 (another feature original to pixelmon, not the main game)

EDIT: I found a video that explains how it is done in the main game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-NnwzMKMx0

There are differences of course, mainly, that she uses pokemon from the same egg group not the same pokemon to get the IVS she desired, but the principle is as I suggested above. You take a pokemon and pair it with a pokemon with the desired IVS until the offspring inherits all the good traits. Again - my suggestion would make breeding actually more akin to breeding in the main game.
Posted Jan 12, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 12, 19 by Tr0ng
Vote Points:
+9
Occasional Trainer
LEVEL 5
Untagged users
1. It is possible to obtain 100% dittos in the main games, but EXTREMELY rare. When I ditto hunted in the main games I was able to get 3-4 perfect IVs. What I meant by not changing mechanics in the main games, is how IVs are passed down. In the main games breeding sucks and is very grindy and can often be difficult too, it is one of the main reasons why a lot of people prefer to battle on Showdown. I know for a fact it is the reason why battling on the main games turned me off as it wasn't worth it and just wasn't fun. But I do know dittos make it much easier to breed as in the main games more than likely you won't have a second starter unless you do a lot of trading on the GTS as the GTS people tend to ask for ridiculous things in return for them i.e. level 5 and below Zekrom.

2. TBH I do not remember where I was going with that so idk.

3. Before I start off I want to ask about what you have to say about certain pokemon only being breedable through ditto such as the beldom line. Your bulbasaur example doesn't fit for mons like beldum and its evolutions. You are wrong about most things in response such as lapras spawning randomly. Take DPP for example, you can find Lapras from surfing in Victory Road. The pokemon spawning tied to biomes? Hello? There are a variety of areas in the games where pokemon can only spawn in certain places, such as only finding Snover in the Sinnoh in places such as peak of MT. Coronet (where it is snowy). After Generation 3 or 4, can't remember, you were able to see your opponents team in WiFi battles. In Generation 7 they made it so you are able to ride on pokemon such as Tauros. Bikes just wouldn't be practical in minecraft due to how land generation would make traversing with a bike really difficult. In the main games they have paths (routes) where you follow to make it possible to ride your bike in most areas. But I do know there are distinct mechanics different than in the main games, but compromises had to be made in order to make some mainline game features accessible in MC. Such as breeder ranches, the server once had a daycare NPC but it was buggy and exploits were being found relatively often. But certain breeding mechanics should not be changed such as how ivs are passed down. The metals to craft pokeballs is another one. In the main games there is a "small" finite amount of space where things like interesting dungeons and towns can each be unique. In a survival world it makes it more difficult to do, as the world is vastly larger than any of the regions in the pokemon games. Generally the builders and owners of the servers have to do the building of the towns and dungeons as every town and dungeon should be unique.

4. The server doesn't make it easy at all to just hop right in to the server and start breeding every single breedable pokemon in the pokedex. It takes quite some time and work to be able to get oneself into a sufficient state. When the new server first started, it took me at least 48 hours of playtime to get a half decent breeding setup going. The only reason it was easy for me was because I bought a breeder pack in December and received it when all purchases rolled through. I still had to find HA pokemon, I still had to get access to ranches and the blocks to make the environment to breed the pokemon. There are quite a few Online games where whales are able to accelerate their way through the grind to make it faster through spending real life money on better gear, currency, etc. I mean mobile online games are notorious for this kind of stuff. The same applies here right? You buy Mew and Arceus rank boom you get access to things a lot faster than playing through unranked. But it doesn't give automatically give you everything to be stable on the server, people still have to work for everything. People grind a lot, and in 3 weeks time you can have quite the load of valuables such as pokemon and items.

5. You aren't wrong, Dys is part of the mod team, but I think you missed my point. My point was that I would feel the developers would rather spend their time quashing the numerous bugs that are riddled in the mod and adding new features and pokemon to make the mod more fun. I don't think changing how IVs work for breeding with Dittos would be close to their top priorities. I mean take a look at the Primals, they've been out for quite some time and they are still broken. They have a lot on their plate and doing something with passing down would potentially create more bugs that could affect the breeding mechanics.

Edit: This is in response to your first post towards me.
1408208375_eaglepride15-signature.png
Posted Jan 12, 19 · Last edited Jan 12, 19 by eaglepride...
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
This isnt going to happen my man you might want to come up with a different idea
Posted Jan 12, 19
Vote Points:
+178
Sparse Trainer
LEVEL 7
Untagged users
I hope you don t mind if I boil down your answers to their essence as their details are not as important. Of course I could argue where your examples are wrong, but that doesn t concern us really, does it?
But I do know there are distinct mechanics different than in the main games, but compromises had to be made in order to make some mainline game features accessible in MC. Such as breeder ranches, the server once had a daycare NPC but it was buggy and exploits were being found relatively often. But certain breeding mechanics should not be changed such as how ivs are passed down.

As far as I know that NPC was never meant to actually breed stuff. You could leave your pokemon there in order for it to level up. Breeder ranches were meant to be the main form of breeding from the very start of pixelmon (as far as 2015 at least) . It wouldn t even be difficult to mimic a "daycare", where pokemon could breed. Just get rid of all the environmental stuff and leave the timer - you basically have something similiar to "daycare breeding" . That being said - I wouldn t want "daycare breeding". A breeding ranch makes use of the one mechanic in which pixelmon is superior to pokemon: The ability to freely manipulate the environment. Breeding ranches are not a "compromise". Breeding ranches are an improvement!

That brings me to my main point: We shouldn t simply adapt from the main game for the sake of adapting. Rather than forcing ourselves to a standart, that we can t uphold, we should do the best of the things we have - and the things we have are different from the main game.

Flying on a pokemon isn t available the same way in pokemon as it is in pixelmon. But it makes totally sense in pixelmon. If you need to sacrifice good gameplay elements for the sake of authenticity your game will suck.

What would you prefer? Catching pokemon in order to strengthen your pokemon or payday 1 mil coins in order for you to afford a 100% scroll? What makes more sense in a pokemon game? What is more fun?

(Btw look at your argumentation dude =D . You don t like to introduce a change, that would make breeding more like the main game. However, the reasoning for your point is that it would change what is similiar to what is in the main game. Lol.)
4. The server doesn't make it easy at all to just hop right in to the server and start breeding every single breedable pokemon in the pokedex. It takes quite some time and work to be able to get oneself into a sufficient state. When the new server first started, it took me at least 48 hours of playtime to get a half decent breeding setup going. People grind a lot, and in 3 weeks time you can have quite the load of valuables such as pokemon and items.

Well, you just have proven my point. If you only need 3 weeks to get "a load of valuables", you certainly don t need to do a lot, lol. 3 weeks isn t even enough to get a whole tournament rotation. I can t mention one online game, that gives you "a load of valuables" in one month. After one month in most online games you haven t even scratched the surface, lol.
3. Before I start off I want to ask about what you have to say about certain pokemon only being breedable through ditto such as the beldom line. Your bulbasaur example doesn't fit for mons like beldum and its evolutions.

I agree, it does pose a problem. However, it is easily solveable. Remember, ditto breeding is only that dominant because of manual IVs-editing and IVs-scrolls. Without those two things we wouldn t even need my solution since we would strengthen Ivs via the original method to both pixel and pokemon. So I say - let Ivs-editing and IVs-Scrolls be the solution for that case.

5. You aren't wrong, Dys is part of the mod team, but I think you missed my point. My point was that I would feel the developers would rather spend their time quashing the numerous bugs that are riddled in the mod and adding new features and pokemon to make the mod more fun. I don't think changing how IVs work for breeding with Dittos would be close to their top priorities. I mean take a look at the Primals, they've been out for quite some time and they are still broken. They have a lot on their plate and doing something with passing down would potentially create more bugs that could affect the breeding mechanics.

Edit: This is in response to your first post towards me.

Everything could potentially create more bugs, lol. That being said - if their top priority is fun - which I am sure it is - they will consider my suggestion. A change to an old system can be a new feature in itself.

EDIT: In fact - my kind of suggestion should be their main priority. You can introduce 1000 new features. If your core game play sucks, your game will suck anyway. On the contrary side: If you can improve your core gameplay - you can make people overlook a lot of bugs & bad features. Do I consider the way on how to obtain pokemon a core gameplay? Absolutely.
Posted Jan 12, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 12, 19 by Tr0ng
Vote Points:
+1,057
Mythical Trainer
LEVEL 9
Admins
Pixelmon is not going to change a fundamental mechanic of the main games. Not really much point discussing this one.
Posted Jan 13, 19
Vote Points:
+178
Sparse Trainer
LEVEL 7
Untagged users
Welp, it was worth a try :o
Posted Jan 13, 19 · OP
Page
of 2
Alert Pixelmon Harmony
play.PixelmonHarmony.com
35 / 360
Today's Record: 83 players (18 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 94 players (Thu at 1:00)
Monthly Record: 134 players (Feb 3, 19)
NoticeNotices