Main Forum

Pokedoll Tournament - January 6th

9 replies
Vote Points:
+30
Rare Trainer
LEVEL 8
Admins
This tournament is a 1v1 tournament involving Pokedolls! The dolls will be randomised and distributed to all the participants, you'll receive a poke complete with a set corresponding to the pokedoll given, be sure to defeat your opponents before they defeat you!

There will be two tournaments. They will begin on January 6th
The first will begin at 01:00 January 6th.
The second will begin at 16:00 January 6th.
These times will be based off of the official server time. You can view what time it is by using the /telltime command.

Rules:
1 Pokemon Each
No potions or cures
Pokedolls and Pokemon provided

Rewards:
First Place - $10 Shop Credit + Semi Final Reward + 2 Crate Keys of choice
Second Place - $5 Shop Credit + Semi Final Reward + 1 Crate Key of choice
Semi Finalists - 1 Crate Key of choice

If you have any questions about this, please comment below and we will be glad to help.

To enter, simply be online when the tournament begins.
Gym Manager
Elite 4 Coordinator
Tourney Manager
Posted Jan 3, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+185
Scarce Trainer
LEVEL 6
Untagged users
And here I was wondering what the first tourney of the year would be like, hah!
Watch as I get a Pikachu while my opponents get one of the reggies.
Posted Jan 3, 19
Funny
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+30
Rare Trainer
LEVEL 8
Admins
it'll be an evolved form as well, so you'll have a raichu facing the reggies, also, some of the sets are odd whilst others are mainstream sets
Gym Manager
Elite 4 Coordinator
Tourney Manager
Posted Jan 3, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+110
Untagged users
This sounds very fun :) great idea AC!
Posted Jan 4, 19
Vote Points:
+171
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
It would have *really* nice if this tourney included some rules and instructions so we know what to expect and aren't left waiting for hours only to miss some rollcall and not get to participate. The post says all we had to do was be online, not sit studying chat and see every line and type "me" at exactly the right moment. I feel very frustrated that, after hours of waiting to join this tourney I was just left out. Maybe some day in the future there will be tourneys that welcome everyone online at the time, I hope... (instead of blaming people for not posting something at exactly the right second, especially when you consider just how *very* difficult it is to see the chat text in Minecraft in the first place!)

For those who want to enter this. Know that you have to be online and watching the chat like a hawk like half an hour beforehand. Apparently, there will be some notice in amongst the literal flood of laggy chat text, and you have to say "me" at exactly the right moment. Otherwise, you'll just be waiting for hours for nothing. And no one will tell you about the rollcall if you don't see it. You'll just be left out. Just so you know.

...And don't think that chatting about the tourney or openly talking about being excited about your first tourney will do anything to insure you a place or elicit any kind of reminder from those running it about this weird rollcall rule thing. Everyone will act like you're good to go as you wait 45 minutes for th tounrey to start after it's supposed start time, and then you will be told you're not in it and to try again in 14 hours. Seriously, if this sounds like fun to you, then this is definately the tourney for you! -.-

It just would have been nice to feel welcome in the tourney and, if there is some rollcall requirement, then it would have been nice to be told in a format that easily visable (like the forums). It's not nice to act like I could particpate and then just throw me out because I didn't see something in chat and didn't understand what they meant by rollcall. (I thought they were just tallying the people online. I have no idea I had to do something other than be online.) I know my vision isn't the best, but maybe we could have a tournament that feels a bit more welcoming some time? Something where the rules and what we have to do to enter are very clearly stated on a legible platform (like the forum, instead of the very hard to read in-game chat)? Anyway, I suspect it does no good to complain. I was left out, but who really cares about one person, right? It's just really frustrating to be treated this way!

Signed, Quaggy
Posted Jan 6, 19 · Last edited Jan 6, 19 by Quagthistl...
Vote Points:
+185
Scarce Trainer
LEVEL 6
Untagged users
Quag, you missed out on the tourney because you haven't paid enough attention to the chat. Thrice has AC announced a rollcall through Notice, which is rather distinguishable from normal text, and thrice have people flooded the chat saying "me". It all boils down to not paying enough attention.
Posted Jan 6, 19
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+171
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
I had no idea that I needed to pay attention to something specific like that. No one told me! I had no way of knowing what I had to do. I thought I just had to be online because of this:

"To enter, simply be online when the tournament begins."

It doesn't say, "To enter, you must be online and see a specific announcement and then type 'me' at exactly the right moment, and no one's going to tell you if you missed it so make sure you pay really close attention to the flood of chat if you want to play or we'll exclude you."

If this is truly the way it is, then more instructions are needed, which is the reason for my venting on this post. I don't feel I'm out of line to complain. I was literally talking about being excited about the tourney for an hour, and no one could mention that I'd missed some roll call that I had to reply to in order to be in it? No one could say, "Hey, Quag, you're not in the tourney. Do you want to play, too?" Maybe that would have been hard to do, I don't know, but it would have felt a *lot* more welcoming.

Signed, Quagthistle

PS: I realize (now that I've slept and calmed down a bit) that perhaps a little more explaination is needed for you to understand why I felt so upset about being left out. You have to realize that Minecraft chat is *very* hard for me to see. I miss announcements all the time (in fact, I'm always losing stuff to ground item clears because I don't see the notices), and many staff members use colors that make their chat posts nigh impossible to see. Imagine looking at a moving rainbow of multicolored letters that makes your eyes hurt to stare at. That's how Minecraft chat is for me. I can look at it in short bursts, but I cannot stare at it for long periods of time without suffering headaches, siometimes minor, often severe. (Discord is much worse, to the point that I can't use it at all, but Minecraft chat is also very hard to see.) Sadly, I've never found a mod to fix the horrible dark background of minecraft chat, so I often miss what's happening in chat and can really only be part of it when the chat moves slowly. Normally, this is fine, since I mostly play during the quiet late night and early morning hours. People with certain kinds of photosensitivity (especially from seizure conditions) often have difficulty seeing light text on a dark background. I do my best, but it's not something that's fixable. I had no idea there were additional requirements beyond being online. I do recall some mention of a rollcall (though it didn't seem significant at the time, and I didn't even realize a staff member had said it because chat was moving so quickly), but I didn't see the whole message nor did I see the actual rollcall or realize it was something that I needed to reply to in order to be entered. I asked like 3 times over the course of nearly an hour if there was anywhere I needed to be for the tourney, as that's what was always required to participate in tourneys on past servers I've played on. No one mentioned a rollcall, Certainly no one mentioned that you had to be on a half hour before the stated time to meet this rollcall (or whenever it occurred - I don't know because I never saw the actual rollcall). It is *not* my fault that I wasn't paying attention to chat. I *can't* pay a lot of attention to chat. By excluding me from this tourney, what's really being said, however unintentional it might be on your part, is that I'm unwelcome in any tournaments on the server because I will likely *never* see the rollcalls needed to participate (especially when it seems clear from your responce that this is how tournaments are usually run, so I'll probably *never* be welcome to participate in one). If I'd known I'd have to see something and respond to it in chat, I wouldn't have bothered waiting up to participate at all, but there was nothing in this tourney post that talked about that particular hoop I needed to jump through. If you were in my position, I think you'd understand how hurtful that feels. I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose. You probably didn't notice my posts. The chat was moving like crazy and lag-jumping like a bucking bronco. This often happens on active servers. What's sad (and a bit unfair) is that you are quick to blame me for missing your posts, but act like it's also my fault you didn't see mine either and realize that someone online at the right time (the only requirement stated in the tourney post) had been left out of the tournament. Like I said, I think it was an honest mistake on your part, but, when you realized the mistake, you did nothing to correct it and instead just blamed me. It is not my fault I have difficulty seeing the chat in Minecraft because of my health issues (any more than it's my fault I can't use the Discord for the same reason), and blaming the person who's been hurt only makes them feel even *more* unwelcome and unwanted. I just wanted to have some fun with everyone else. Instead, I was left out and blamed. In my place, I think anyone would feel frustrated and hurt.
Posted Jan 6, 19 · Last edited Jan 6, 19 by Quagthistl...
Vote Points:
+15
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
Quag, for future reference, you need simply ask AC to add you within the 30 minutes before the tourney to be in. The announcement and me thing is to help spam and make it easy. However, if you miss them or think AC missed you, your allowed to ask AC if your in and if not then to add you and he will
Posted Jan 6, 19
Vote Points:
+171
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
That's good to know, though I have some doubts that such a PM will be seen (since my regular posts were not), but the next time a tournament occurs during hours when I can be awake and looks like it'd be fun to enter and I feel up to it, I'll try that. (I did try when I woke up, but 1600 hours traslates to 4pm server time, 3pm my time, not 5pm my time, and 2-5 pm are the hours when I cannot be awake without nasty consequences healthwise, so even being on at 5pm was stretching what I can do. 3pm is functionally impossible and, when it does happen, my mind is total goo from all the pain being up at that hour causes.)

So yeah, please if possible, could we mention this rollcall thing or contacting a staff member and exactly which one to contact in the tournament posts? I'm sure you meant well, but it's really not right to get people's hopes up with a description of "To enter, simply be online when the tournament begins." This is most definately NOT true! Being online does nothing to let you enter. You have to catch a rollcall that occurs long before the stated time, or get the attention of a busy staff member who is not going to be any more able to see all posts in chat than you are (and you have to get their attention without spamming). This is a far more difficult entry requirement than merely being online. "Simply be online" sounds very inviting, but that invite turns awefully sour when you realize it's not even close to reality, and that, after you're excluded and hurt, you will likely get blamed for not knowing something you had absolutely no way of knowing in the first place, given that the tourney post does not mention this really difficult entry requirement at all.

Like I said, it would have been nice to have fun with others and enter my first tournament (especially one with adorable Pokedolls!), but I guess not. :(

Signed, Quagthistle
Posted Jan 6, 19
Vote Points:
+51
Uncommon Trainer
LEVEL 3
Untagged users
As a side note, the 5zig mod can help with the dark background of Minecraft chat, Quag :)
giphy.gif
Posted Jan 6, 19
Alert Pixelmon Harmony
play.PixelmonHarmony.com
41 / 360
Today's Record: 104 players (3 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 136 players (Sun at 1:00)
Monthly Record: 140 players (Mar 1, 19)
NoticeNotices