Small time savers.

5 replies
Vote Points:
+66
Scarce Trainer
LEVEL 6
Untagged users
Hello there, it's me, the noob.

Time - everybody wants more of it so here I come with suggestions that may or may not be criticised depending on your points of view on how things work right now. Me coming up with timesavers probably sounds weird with how much I'm against refreshing MTs at spawn but still this and that are different in time saving. Refreshing MTs at spawn would remove the grind but what I suggest is more about trying to remove the annoying bits that serve no purpose.

So as for my first suggestion I'll start with the smallest thing:
Some of you may know the /hiddenpower command that allows you to see the hidden power of a pokemon in your party. But why type hiddenpower when it could be very well shortened to /hp? A small change but saves your fingers some time.

Next up, the suggestions I'd like to see the most:
As some of you may know, I used to love breeding pokemon. For me it was both a good source of income and a good way to pass time. But that all changed when they changed how pokemon spawn at their ranch blocks. Before you'd approach a ranch block and if there were other blocks around, they'd all load their pokemon and then their eggs at the same time. Now the ranch blocks only spawn their pokemon if you're in their range and then load the eggs. And that's how it works for every single ranch block you have meaning a decent amount of time is lost when collecting is lost. Even with lags it used to take me about 30 minutes to collect eggs from about 130 pokemon I used to have on Legacy. Now I'm fairly sure it'd take double, or maybe triple as much time which isn't fun by any means. Therefore it'd be nice if this, in my opinion rather stupid change, could be reverted.

The third suggestion is also a time saver for breeding. When I used to collect eggs I'd always just collect them, do /ivs [slot] and then put them in my PC if their IVs were correct. If not I'd have to click on the trash can when you open up your PC. Well, this small idea is that a /trash [slot] command should be added that instantly deletes the pokemon from your party. It'd save the time it takes you to move the mouse from the egg, to the can, to the confirm button, and repeat that up to 5 times depending on how good or bad the batch of eggs was. Although I could see a problem if people would select the wrong slot and delete a good pokemon, it just means people would actually have to take care of which slot number they put in.

That's it, thanks for reading. Any criticism and/or additional suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted Nov 10, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+66
Scarce Trainer
LEVEL 6
Untagged users
I like how there are a few views here and there but it's basically ignored.
Posted Nov 12, 18 · OP
Vote Points:
+103
Untagged users
In my opinion typing /hiddenpower or /hp is not something that saves a lot of time. It rather confuses , especially newer, people because they would believe hp stands for Health Points.
Now to your breeding issues. I am not beedring a lot of pokemon but a handful. And I think you are right. The ranch blocks load the pokemon and the eggs very slowly so collecting them is a pain. That should be reversed. No question about it.
But having a command that deletes pokemon directly from your party without asking, if you REALLY want to delete this pokemon, is not "noobfriendly". You even said it yourself!
Posted Jan 5, 19
Vote Points:
+66
Scarce Trainer
LEVEL 6
Untagged users
We have both /battlepoints and /bp so I don't really see why we couldn't have both /hiddenpower and /hp, while I do get that a few players would be confused at first, they would quickly learn.
As for a command to delete pokemon, I do believe a warning of sorts should be issued, but I don't think there's a new player who could misunderstand the nature of a command that is literally /delete [slot].
Then again, I've seen many players make small mistakes already, no matter the game, so this is really just me hoping. If you wanted to be really sure it could be triggered the same way as the former WT, with "/delete [slot] -c" but mistakes could still happen if a person doesn't pay attention and instead of, let's say typing /delete 2 -c they type /delete 1 -c which would delete their better pokemon if there was one in the said slot.
At the end it really comes down to paying attention.
Posted Jan 5, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+687
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
You can just type "/hi" then hit tab to autofill the rest.
Posted Jan 10, 19
Vote Points:
+66
Scarce Trainer
LEVEL 6
Untagged users
Tab is my biggest enemy.
Posted Jan 10, 19 · OP
Alert Pixelmon Harmony
play.PixelmonHarmony.com
40 / 360
Today's Record: 83 players (17 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 94 players (Thu at 1:00)
Monthly Record: 134 players (Feb 3, 19)
NoticeNotices