[Mod] gamewizlaker
gamewizlaker @ Harmony
Mod
Vote Points:
+26
Meager Trainer
LEVEL 4
Mod
It's pretty obvious that the economy on the server's kinda wack- i'm not immune to it either, the fact that I obtained 400+ mil to begin with. I have plans to "spread the love" amongst the server, though for the time being I'd rather try to solve what I personally think could be a growing issue as the server grows with it.

Essentially, it'd be a pretty basic system, not too different from many other lotteries. These numbers could easily be changed, as this is a pretty hypothetical system and subject to many tweaks wherever they might be desired:

Quick note on some of the bits mentioned:
-'tickets' are a credit that's basically like a piece of paper with a players name on it that'd be drawn from a hat
-the 'pool' is the 'hat' of the previous analogy, just a term for the full grouping of tickets in each drawing
-the drawing is just the action of choosing a number that may/may not have a player's name/number on it for the lottery
-the 'pot' is the amount of money that would be put in, which would be equal in value to the total tickets sold per drawing
-an ecosink is a fancy term for a constant source for currency to be pulled out of the available wealth in the server

-20 ticket cap on how many tickets one player can buy
-25k per
-drawing could be daily on server restart, or twice a week
-500k max cost per person if they buy as many tickets as they can
-cap all tickets at 10k pool for how many tickets can physically be purchased
-drawing always picks a number from 1-10k (this means that if all the tickets are not bought in a drawing, the pot would essentially be emptied and a new round of drawings would begin)
-10k pool draws out 250mil from the economy

Winnings: (all of these numbers are speculated, and subject to change before implemented; just ideas to get a feel for how the system could work. Furthermore, the approximated values of the crates were done based on their estimated potential if sold right as the newer ones were added, meaning that they've fluctuated as expected but I'd rather not redo the calculations xD:

-50m and 3 of every key (halloween:6-7m, fall: 4.5-6m, adventure 1m, battle 2m, breeding 2m, potential if sold @15.5-18m///if including soon to leave crates then book: 2.25, flash: 2, summer: 3, leaving total then @22.75-25.25)
-winnings if crates are purely sold: 72.75-75.25m
-every player wins a trick or treat crate if they buy 20 tickets
-full draw pulls 200m out of the eco, or 174.75-177.25m if you include selling crates

I'm going to assume that several of the people reading this may be confused as to why pulling money from the playerbase's wealth would be good to begin with- essentially, the current state of the server's economy is *heavily* inflated- acquisition of money for established players is incredibly easy. Theoretically, pulling some of that wealth consistently from the playerbase's wealth would allow for both newer players to win awesome loot, as well as a neat way to engage the playerbase in something fresh and new, provided this were implemented. Last note, the reason i chose the winnings amount that i did was in an effort to prevent a player from instantly getting an abhorrent amount of wealth and subsequently burning out due to a lack of challenge.

Also thought i'd add credit to Felix__Tiger seeing as a lot of this stuff was thought up together
Comments, concerns, and more ideas are welcome
Posted Oct 11, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 11, 18 by [Mod] gamewizlak...
Dislike
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+379
Common Trainer
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
I completely disagree with this. It's pure gambling.
Posted Oct 12, 18
Dislike
List
Undo
Delfard
Delfard @ Harmony
Vote Points:
+225
Sparse Trainer
LEVEL 7
Untagged users
As if my gambling addiction wasn't already bad enough from Crates.
Not like I mind though.
Posted Oct 12, 18
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+10
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
I wanna gamble :sick:
Posted Oct 12, 18
List
Undo
[Mod] gamewizlaker
gamewizlaker @ Harmony
Mod
Vote Points:
+26
Meager Trainer
LEVEL 4
Mod
just to clarify, it's none less than the crates, so i don't see any problem with it as it would be
Posted Oct 13, 18 · OP
Vote Points:
+712
Common Trainer
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
Maybe it would be possible to have something fairly expensive and very appealing to the top earners of the server. All money on this thing would go towards a server pool that would then pay for things like the lottery or maybe even server-sponsored builds and events. My thought process is that the money needs to be created slower and circulate more. Having a system that uses money from the rich to pay the poor to benefit the server might be one solution to think about. Or not, I know very little about economics.
Posted Oct 13, 18
List
Undo
Delfard
Delfard @ Harmony
Vote Points:
+225
Sparse Trainer
LEVEL 7
Untagged users
Money generating slower is kinda impossible unless Pay Day gets disabled.
Posted Oct 13, 18
Vote Points:
+93
Occasional Trainer
LEVEL 5
Untagged users
I'll just have to say, I do not agree to this suggestion, as it just promotes gambling even more than it already is (crates).

Side
The Creator
Pixelmon Harmony VIP

Support - Store

Creator of The Multiverse
The Multiverse

Ex-Owner of 2 servers
Ex staff member on several servers
Posted Oct 15, 18
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+379
Common Trainer
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
There is a huge difference between crates and this lottery. I know Crates are also a kind of lottery but you can't compare both. You earn the key and then rewards are handed over to you and this mechanism is being followed by almost every game. Examples are login rewards are handed out to you from a pool of rewards. Whereas what you have suggested is that every player chuck in some money to create a pool and then that pool based on the lottery is handed out to the people. If still, it doesn't make sense to you, google about gambling/lottery and its mechanics and how it works!!. Hope it makes any sense!!
Posted Oct 15, 18
[Mod] gamewizlaker
gamewizlaker @ Harmony
Mod
Vote Points:
+26
Meager Trainer
LEVEL 4
Mod
In response to Kerson:
Yeah, as a whole the idea behind the suggestion initially was both intended as a means to bring ecosinks into the picture for consideration while also at least giving something to spark ideas for alternatives.

The second idea I'd had for a large scale ecosink was server wide boosts- in the past we've had server wide boosts for egg hatching, legendary spawns, shiny rates, breeding rates, exp gains, and more. Essentially having a massive price tag to draw in benefits for everyone while substantially removing currency from the Eco as a whole would be very beneficial
Posted Oct 19, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 19, 18 by [Mod] gamewizlak...
Page
of 2
Alert Pixelmon Harmony
play.PixelmonHarmony.com
45 / 360
Today's Record: 114 players (16 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 131 players (Mon at 0:00)
Monthly Record: 131 players (Mon at 0:00)
NoticeNotices