Main Forum

The new Trick or Treat crate and Halloween quests need to be changed

6 replies
Vote Points:
+215
Common Trainer
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
It is almost completely worthless to do the Halloween quests. The reason for this is for what the quest drops upon completion.

A Halloween quest will drop upon compilation is
  • A stack of rare candies
  • A shiny pokemon
  • Trick Or Treat Crate Key

Now there is one item here listed in red and that is the one I have a problem with. You see the trick or treat crate has something I have a good idea in it, having negative and positive rewards for instance you have 6.17% of making your entire party getting 100% ivs, but you have a 4.94% chance of making your party's ivs halfed.
But the problem here is you have a 6.17 chance of getting the crate key you want then a 3.17 chance of getting the item from the crate you want. When the math is done you have 0.195589% of getting what you want... We are not including the worth of gambling a 44.46 chance of a downgrade or trash in the trick or treat crate, the money you spent ingame or time spent completing a Phunt5, or the amount of time spent doing the Halloween quest. If we put these altogether it makes it worthless to even try the quest. Oh one final thing a halloween quest is about the same as a rare quest which has the chance to drop 1 of a 3 key pool to a crate that doesn't gamble your time away as much

I want to finish this off with some suggestions to fix this...

Option 1: Just remove it
just remove the crate and change the key drops of the Halloween quests to be fall and Halloween quests or just Halloween keys. This will make it more worth the time to do the quest for the stuff in the new crates.
Option 2: Make the trick and treat key a bonus for voting
Change the Halloween quest key drops to Halloween keys and fall keys, and add the trick and treat key as a bonus key when you vote 7 times a day and lower the chance of good rewards in the crate.
Opiton 3: make the Halloween/fall key drop from phunt5
keep the crate and keep the quest but make it so you can obtain the Halloween crate and fall key from phunt5 for the entire month of October.

thanks for reading and do you guys think is the best option?
Option 1: Just remove it
0 votes
0%
Option 2: add it as a bonus key for voting
4 votes
57.1%
Option 3: add halloween/fall keys Phunt5
3 votes
42.9%
Number of voters: 7
Posted Oct 4, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 4, 18 by PoisonInse...
Vote Points:
+139
Common Trainer
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
I think its fine, they have a low percentage for what you want because the prize is really good.
Example: Getting 100% IV'S and All Pokemon In Party Turn Shiny
Hence why it's called the "Trick or Treat" crate.
Posted Oct 5, 18
Vote Points:
+31
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
I disagree with all 3 options, I think the Trick or Treat Key is worth the time, it's a gamble, that if you're willing to make, it might pay off, there's also the fun (rage xD) in getting ripped off imo, while it might not be worthwhile, it's still fun to do, and a time killer of some sort.
Posted Oct 5, 18
Funny
List
Undo
MiniMod
Vote Points:
+728
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
MiniMod
Eh, personally the trick or treat crate is needed since the value of keys took a nose dive recently. It's basically just a seasonal crate that will be gone by the end of the month, plus i plan to sell my keys over it so that's always an option as well since the stack of candies will pay off from the grinding
tumblr_mqzjiq9F2U1sudsieo1_500.gif
Posted Oct 5, 18
Vote Points:
+215
Common Trainer
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
Other Quests drop a crate keys for crates that don't need to a gamble to get a crate that you want.
Posted Oct 5, 18 · OP
Mod
Vote Points:
+271
Uncommon Trainer
LEVEL 3
Mod
I'm strongly against this, personally.
The Trick or Treat Pokequest/keys are simply an additional reward to the Breeding Crate Key for the phunt 5, and it would be way too overpowered for the Pokequest reward for it to be a Fall or Halloween Key given the amount of legendaries in those crates. Halloween Pokequests are quite limited in scope and difficulty, especially after their requirements were halved recently too; they're far too easy for such a massive payoff -- and that's an economic disaster waiting to happen.

Regarding the crate itself, there's one really easy solution: don't even think about using one of those keys with a good team in your party, swap it out for something like 6 non-BP legends or whatnot that wouldn't be harmed whatsoever by an IV drop. The crate itself is quite honestly a refreshing idea in my eyes. Not only is the concept strikingly different from any other crate I've seen thus far, but the rewards are too. That being said I believe that can justify the fairly low risk -- or no risk, if you use common sense around that crate.

I fear that adding it as a vote reward, as suggested, would flood the market with the other key types and still be dangerous even with decreased odds purely due to the amount of players that would have easy access to Trick or Treat Keys.

Yes, other quests do drop a specific key with no gambling involved, that's correct. Those quests also tend to be much broader in scope and significantly more difficult than the Halloween Pokequests, too. That's not to forget the fact that when you start a Halloween Pokequest you know exactly what you're signing up for -- a gamble. It's no mystery that you may or may not get a Halloween or Fall Crate Key among other rewards. Nobody is forcing you to do them; you can opt to sell them too if you so please. As for myself, I'm rather pleased that free to play players have a daily opportunity for a free Fall or Halloween Crate Key.
Posted Oct 6, 18
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+17
Untagged users
i horde the trick or treat keys 5-10 at a time. This is my play. I use them on 6 dittos. a typical ditto value is 250k. 6 dittos value at 1.5 million. from my experience, if i use up to 6 keys, 1 tends to be perf IV which corrects any wrongs by the 17 iv treat.

if my dittos get perf IV, each ditto values at 1mil+, which brings my net value to 6 million instead of 1.5 million. Any sort of shiny affect is icing on the cake. As long as the newer quests dont have spirit tomb and zorua, they are more than worth it.
Posted Nov 1, 18
Alert Pixelmon Harmony
play.PixelmonHarmony.com
17 / 360
Today's Record: 73 players (8 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 98 players (Sun at 1:00)
Monthly Record: 126 players (Nov 25, 18)
NoticeNotices