Main Forum

PlayerVaults

7 replies
Vote Points:
+1
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
I think the plugin PlayerVaults, or maybe a custom coded one, would be useful to the server. I think this because a lot of players like me constantly have inventories full of stuff and chests wont cut it because we're building. And if you like to sort, you need tons of chests to do that if you have alot of stuff. Enter PlayerVaults. With PlayerVaults, you can have on-the-go storage and tons of room for space. Default players could get 1 playervault, Premium getting 2, Elite getting 3, Ultimate getting 4, Master getting 5, Legendary getting 6, and so on. (that could be edited to your liking.) The only really downside to this is that it could result in a lack of chests (idk why people even need chests.) and the fact that only ranks get more (which could result in more donations, idk.)
Posted Sep 23, 18 · OP
Vote Points:
+706
Common Trainer
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
-1 -1 -1
Posted Sep 23, 18 · Last edited Sep 23, 18 by Geluw
Vote Points:
+3
Meager Trainer
LEVEL 4
Untagged users
that's what ./ec is for isn't it? this would defeat the point of it. also, this would defeat the point of mobile chests, since they can be picked up and placed down on the go similar to shulker boxes. there are a lot of ways to travel with more stuff already, so I don't see the point
Posted Sep 23, 18
Vote Points:
+1
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
wrote:
that's what ./ec is for isn't it? this would defeat the point of it. also, this would defeat the point of mobile chests, since they can be picked up and placed down on the go similar to shulker boxes. there are a lot of ways to travel with more stuff already, so I don't see the point

Well first of all, playervaults have way more storage than /ec, and plus there are tons of playervaults. Second of all, mobile chests and shulker boxes fill up your inventory, and they have to be placed. defeating the purpose of playervaults.
Posted Sep 23, 18 · OP
Vote Points:
+3
Meager Trainer
LEVEL 4
Untagged users
but if people could use playervaults, what would be the point of having the other stuff?
Posted Sep 23, 18
Vote Points:
+1
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
wrote:
but if people could use playervaults, what would be the point of having the other stuff?
there is no point, because playervaults are more efficient. Besides, when you run out of playervaults you can just use that stuff.
Posted Sep 23, 18 · OP
Vote Points:
+3
Meager Trainer
LEVEL 4
Untagged users
why would we go out of our way to uninstall custom plugins that were made for this server? that's just wasting the work of our valued developers for something else. if anything, I would ask for an upgrade of what we already have. otherwise, just deal with taking up a space in your inventory for another inventory of space.
Posted Sep 23, 18
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+381
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Online on Site
Untagged users
I agree that this idea is a bit convoluted for what Sandie wanted it for. But i think maybe it could work for certain Item types. specifically PokeQuests. they take up one slot of inventory and you cant keep multiple in your inventory without it filling up a bunch of slots. so the obvious solution would be to to fill a mobile chest or shulker box with the quest. and i agree that that is a solution and has been working for me for a while. but from experience, the longer you carry a shulker box around and place and replace it, the more risk you run into it getting accidentally deleted. by mining it the second that items clear, or if you leave it somewhere while you were out exploring the map. Just recently i placed my shulker box down and the server crashed and it deleated the box with all my quests in it.

the shulker boxes work best when you use them for holding move tutor resources because you can go find unclaimed land and place it down. if you forget about it, you can easily replace the resources, but with a PokeQuest Shulker box. if you do not screen shot the quests and the progress on them every time you make progress with them, you will lose progress on the quests and the entire quest altogether. i think it might be more redundant to have a custom inventory just for quest storage. but i am not sure how difficult implementing the code will be, or if implementing the code would cause more problems than doing naught.

thanks for listening to my ranting.
Posted Oct 4, 18
Alert Pixelmon Harmony
play.PixelmonHarmony.com
39 / 360
Today's Record: 83 players (19 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 94 players (Thu at 1:00)
Monthly Record: 134 players (Feb 3, 19)
NoticeNotices