Quests: Devil's Island

3 replies
Vote Points:
+90
Rare Trainer
LEVEL 8
Untagged users
Hello Everyone!
I'm finally happy to announce the Quests I'll be working on, and have worked on for a bit now. So, what do I mean by quests you may wonder? Basically, it's a mini-adventure map where you have to pick-up clues, find secret rooms, etc. It is the minecraft equivalent of a real life Escape Room you could say.

How do I access these cool new Quests?
Well to begin with, at the moment I'm writing this, there is only one as I physically didn't have the time to get more areas done while fitting into the time stamp of the anniversary. However, don't you worry as there will be more to come if I see that these are successful. In order to access these cool quests, you have to go to /warp QuestHub. There you will receive "The Book Of Quests" which will have a little fun introduction to quests as well as a function where you can click on the quest names to tp to them.

Will the Quests be open outside of events?
The simple answer is yes, yes they will. The Quest simply will just lack the fancy "completion broadcast" when you complete the Quest when an event isn't being run. There will always be chests to loot in the Quest area; however, the loot will be less valuable when an event isn't being run.

Let's talk about specifically the "Devil's Island" Quest, and today's event to celebrate it's opening.

Quest: Devil's Island:
What is Devil's Island? Devil's Island is basically a mini-island I built in the form of a mountain. It has a few secret rooms, npcs, custom books, redstone, command blocks, all working together to form one functioning quest Island. In each of the important parts of the quest, there will be a quest book swapping machine. What does that mean? It's basically this station where you throw your old Quest Book in and get a new one with the updated information. If you don't have an old quest book or you don't want to get rid of your old book? You can just get the new one and move on. Around the map there will be some scattered loot chests that you can pick up some cool loot from. The loot will include some ores, mails for pokemon, crate keys, etc. The chests will only be filled once so first come first serve.

Today's Event!
When is it happening?
Since I am only making this post a few hours before the planned event time, I have to apologize in advance for the short notice but this is what I could manage to make the Quest fair and have everyone who wants to participate see the Quest area for the first time together. Official event time will be 17pm EST (Server Time). Use the /telltime command in-game to keep yourself updated on when the event will be.

Rules:
1. You are not to fly in the area of the Quest. Any player flying will be automatically disqualified from the event.
2. Your speed is to be set to 2 (if it isn't). Any player breaking this rule will too be disqualified.
3. You aren't to tp to other players that are participating in the quest.
4. If you leave the Quest Area once the Quest Event starts, you will be tped back to the starting point of the quest if you request to come back and participate in the event.
(5) This isn't a rule, more of a recommendation. Please speak to the npc first, then swap out your quest books. It will just make more sense that way.

Winners:

The winners are the first 5 people to get to the end of the Quest.
1st Place: 1 Adventure Key, 100k PokeCoins, 32 Rare Candies, 128 Gold, 64 Diamonds.
2nd Place: 1 Special Key, 100k Pokecoins, 16 Rare Candies.
3rd Place: 1 Breeding Key, 10k PokeCoins, 8 Rare Candies.
Top 5: 16 Vote Crates.

Those are the rewards, those are the rules. You know it all now! I hope you enjoy this event. Let the best explorer win.

If you have any questions regarding the event, the quest system, etc. feel free to either pm me your question on discord or just ask on the Harmony discord in general under the #events channel.

Thank you :)
LiranISR
Pixelmon Harmony Mini-Admin
Legacy Harmony Ice Gym Leader

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

giphy.gif
Support - Forums
Posted Aug 4, 18 · OP · Last edited Aug 4, 18 by LiranISR
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+153
Uncommon Trainer
LEVEL 3
Untagged users
Nice :d
giphy.gif
Posted Aug 4, 18
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+65
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
Thank you for your hard work! Looking forward to participating in this cool event <33
Posted Aug 4, 18
List
Undo
Meager Trainer
LEVEL 4
Untagged users
For anyone who does not know, the event is postponed till next Saturday to work out some issues that would've made the event not as fun :).
1408208375_eaglepride15-signature.png
Posted Aug 4, 18
List
Undo
Alert Pixelmon Harmony
play.PixelmonHarmony.com
64 / 360
Today's Record: 104 players (21 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 104 players (Thu at 1:00)
Monthly Record: 126 players (Nov 25, 18)
NoticeNotices