Main Forum

Payday Guide

2 replies
Vote Points:
+106
Meager Trainer
LEVEL 4
Untagged users
As many new people are frequently joining, many of them ask this question: How do I get money? Payday is one of the easiest and rewarding methods of getting money, and this guide can easily explain it if you're confused!

1. What is Payday?

The payday method is using the move Happy Hour at the start of battle which doubles money gain at the end when the battle is finished, equipping an amulet coin/luck incense, and using payday with a level 100+ Pokemon (I suggest using level scrolls and increasing it to level 110 as that gives a lot more money per hit).

At level 100, payday will give 2k per hit if you have used Happy Hour and equipped an Amulet Coin/Luck Incense.

2. How do I get Payday, Happy Hour, and an Amulet Coin/Luck Incense on my Pokemon?
The only Pokemon in Generation 7 that can learn BOTH Payday and Happy Hour is Smeargle, so you will have to use the move Sketch on another player to get Happy Hour and Payday. Do not get mixed up with the Payday TM as Smeargle cannot learn Payday with that. You can buy Amulet Coins/Luck Incense in /warp battleshop under Battle Items and Incense.

3. What Pokemon do I use Payday on?

Since Payday is physical- it is smart to use it on a Pokemon with high defence. Shuckle has the highest defense in the game and is very common, as well as sometimes knowing rest which will restore its health making you able to use payday on it again without killing it, which makes it the perfect Pokemon to use payday on. I have created a platform where Shuckle are common and if you need a TP to it don't hesitate to ask me or other players in-game! But be aware, you are NOT allowed to use Payday on other players except for Sketching it.

Rules of Payday
1. No Payday on other players except for sketching it
2. No healing moves to heal the opposing Pokemon during Payday (It is also frowned upon to end the battle to heal the opposing Pokemon's health)

I hope this guide cleared up some confusion on Payday. Feel free to direct this link to anyone in-game, and if you have any questions or you noticed a mistake, please comment it down :(,
-vynn
6c61d9aa5db635b0f615b60b89127c83f245fca3_hq.gif
Posted Jul 29, 18 · OP · Last edited Jul 29, 18 by vynnqor
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+148
Untagged users
Smeargle isn't the only Pokemon that can learn both Pay Day and Happy Hour. Here is a list from Pokemon Showdown: 4GutNyG.png

Some tips would be to breed a Smeargle with 0 Atk IVs/EVs, this reduces damage done to the Pokemon.
Since both Rock and Steel resist normal type moves, it's best to find any Pokemon with this typing if there aren't any Shuckles nearby.
Posted Jul 29, 18
Vote Points:
+106
Meager Trainer
LEVEL 4
Untagged users
ProfessorEevee That is incorrect. Those pokemon could learn it in gen 6 and I suggest using bulbapedia to view stats instead of smogon since smogon allows transfer moves and pixelmon doesnt
Attached Images
6c61d9aa5db635b0f615b60b89127c83f245fca3_hq.gif
Posted Jul 30, 18 · OP
Best Post
List
Undo
Alert Pixelmon Harmony
play.PixelmonHarmony.com
42 / 360
Today's Record: 104 players (3 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 136 players (Sun at 1:00)
Monthly Record: 140 players (Mar 1, 19)
NoticeNotices