FashionMon. Tournament/Beauty Pageant

7 replies
Vote Points:
+41
Uncommon Trainer
LEVEL 3
Untagged users
Hello, fellow players!

My name is Antony! You may possible know me by my in-game name "PanshiRoll". I'm also the town owner of SouthKorea (previously named EastRussia, previously named WestRussia, previously named SouthEastAsia, previously named EastKorea and finally,  what we were most commonly known as before the name change spree, WestKorea).

The members of SouthKorea and I were discussing the fact that there was no beauty pageant for pokemon on the pixelmon harmony server as far as we knew, so after realising there wasn't exactly a unique and interesting event for players who love pokemon for the way they look rather than for how good they are in battle, we brainstormed a solution.

The solution: The town of SouthKorea shall be holding a tournament and beauty pageant for the players of the server!

The Prizes
The winner of both the tournament and the beauty pageant will win:
- 2.5Mil in-game currency
- A prize from our prize machine!

The prize machine includes but is not limited to:
-Legendary pokemon
-Perfect iv pokemon
-Shiny pokemon
-Scrolls
-Dittos
-Special skin Pokemon!

How this tournament and beauty pageant shall work is we, the town of SouthKorea, will give you guys a category which has to be met via the physical appearance of a Pokemon.

For Example
If the category was...
Category : Yellow

This would mean that the pokemon you choose must be primarily yellow. This competition is completely about looks so your Pokemon having a special skin, being shiny or even the size of the Pokemon can make the difference between the pokemon being eligible and a Pokemon not being eligible.

An example to relate to this would be:

Non-shiny Goodra is purple. This would mean it's not eligible.

Shiny goodra is yellow. This would mean it's eligible!

NO LEGENDS ALLOWED UNLESS THE CATEGORY SUGGESTS OTHERWISE

Now that you understand how the category system works, let's explain the event itself.

The Event

The event will have two winners.
One winner will be the person who wins the tournament.
The other winner will be the person that wins the beauty pageant.

The battle rules will be very simple.
- Level cap = 100
- Number of Pokemon = 1
- Full heal = Optional (Reccomended)

The tournament will have no banned moves!
(That means if Driftblim fits the criteria, feel free to bring it along with the good ol' minimize 😉)

The Beauty Pageant will be first before the tournament. For those running late, with good reason, can still join the tournament even if they missed the beauty pageant. It is a possibility that a player can win both the beauty pageant AND the tournament, effectively doubling your winnings!

The Beauty Pageant

This will work using a multiple judge system. The criteria that each judge looks for remains the same no matter what the category is. The criteria that your Pokemon will judged on are as follows

Cute 😊 - /10
Cool 😎 - /10
Meme factor👌- /8
Nickname 🗣 - /10

This would give you the highest possible maximum score of 38.

Example
Let's say the category is.... "Real life Animals" and someone entered a shiny, microscopic Pancham that was nicknamed "Mr Steal Yo Bamboo" the judges may score it like so

Cute = 10/10
Cool = 4/10
Meme factor = 2/8
Nickname = 6/10

This would give us a total score of 22/38. Not bad for a little panda!

If there is a tie between scores, we will offer a choice for the players to either split the prize fairly or have a tie-breaker judge decide their favourite from the Pokemon at question.

The Tournament
The tournament will be done in a brackets fashion.
There can only be one winner for the tournament.

This tournament has no banned moves as of yet and will most likely stay that way since this event is all about fun and restricting players unnecessarily is one good way to kill that fun!

The rules
Here is a list of the rules. The rules are sure to be adjusted and new rules are bound to be added so please keep that in mind.

-One entry per player, this means you may only enter one pokemon for both events.
-If you enter the tournament, you must use the same Pokemon you used in the beauty pageant to battle.
-We will not tolerate nicknames that break the rules of the server.
-Your Pokemon must meet the category or you may be denied participation.
-Judges must not adhere to favouritism when it comes to judging player's Pokemon.

Disclaimer
-Although members of our town, SouthKorea, may participate, we will judge their pokemon like any other.

The Category For The Mid-August Event

Category : Spooooooky! (Sorry for char spam)
This includes any pokemon that has ghost typing or is just straight up scary looking!

If you're not sure whether a certain Pokemon qualifies for this category, please don't hesitate to ask me directly.

Can't Make It To The Event?
Don't worry! You can enter the beauty paegent by sending me a screenshot of your pokemon! we will judge it as normal during the event!

The event will be held on Saturday 12th of August, about 08:00am Servertime! I will let everyone know the event is starting in chat and will give a list of people who you can send /tpa requests to so you can get to the venue!

If you have any questions regarding the event or need help in finding out whether a certain Pokemon fits the category, please feel free to leave a reply on this post or message me in-game or you can even message me on discord.
Discord : p a n d a#2285
In-game name : PanshiRoll
Posted Jul 26, 18 · OP · Last edited Aug 7, 18 by PanshiRoll
List
Undo
MiniMod
Meager Trainer
LEVEL 4
MiniMod
"This includes any pokemon that has ghost typing or is just straight up scary looking!"

What about pokemon with spooky backstories?
6c61d9aa5db635b0f615b60b89127c83f245fca3_hq.gif
Posted Jul 26, 18
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+41
Uncommon Trainer
LEVEL 3
Untagged users
Absolutely! Kadabra, Hypno etc.

I will accept any pokedex entry that suggests the pokemon is spoooooooky
Posted Jul 27, 18 · OP · Last edited Jul 27, 18 by PanshiRoll
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+295
Rare Trainer
LEVEL 8
Untagged users
Snaxy approves of this
Snaxy
Pixelmon Harmony Retired Mod

Support - Forums
Posted Jul 27, 18
Funny
Best Post
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+13
Common Trainer
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
Megas allowed?
Posted Jul 27, 18
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+41
Uncommon Trainer
LEVEL 3
Untagged users
As stated, nothing is banned as of yet! Feel free to bring along any item or move set 🙂
Posted Jul 27, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+55
Untagged users
Bring your best Hats...
Posted Aug 9, 18
Vote Points:
+62
Untagged users
What time is the server on?
Posted Aug 10, 18
Alert Pixelmon Harmony
play.PixelmonHarmony.com
25 / 360
Today's Record: 73 players (9 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 98 players (Sun at 1:00)
Monthly Record: 126 players (Nov 25, 18)
NoticeNotices