Main Forum

Monthly build contests

6 replies
Vote Points:
+320
Rare Trainer
LEVEL 8
Untagged users
Well with the closing of my first building contest, its a shame it was really fun seeing what all the participants could do. So i came up with an idea monthly or seasonal building contests, but for this ill need some help from you guys the builders. How would you guys want it cus the way i am imagining atm is that the first week of everymonth from monday until sunday i (and hopefully if there are some willing sponsors) will host a outragously weird themed contest, with either very specific builds or very loose. For example i could say temple is the theme, and then you would have to build something temple ish or i could just give a keyword like magic and then its all up to your ideas and such. I was also thinking of biome specific contest like for winter its only snow filled biomes and such for august it would be beach and so on. Well the prices would be diffrent but for now im thinking of using 10 million of my own money per month as rewards. I would live for this to either become a server host event or something the likes of a community host event. Anyways i want as much feedback as posible. Like this post if you think its cool or comment any ideas. All feedback is appreciated. Love you all Snaxy <3
Snaxy
Pixelmon Harmony Retired Mod

Support - Forums
Posted Jul 12, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+145
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
I'm down for that however I do not think a week is enough.. 12 days? Would be a tad more suitable.
Having it loose and completely down to the imagination like giving keywords like 'cat' is an amazing idea!
RHUVbew.gif
Posted Jul 13, 18
Vote Points:
+320
Rare Trainer
LEVEL 8
Untagged users
I like the idea of having it longer than a week i could also depending one the theme make it longer or shorter. For example big builds like space yacht could take more time than jungle house.
Snaxy

Support - Forums
Posted Jul 13, 18 · OP
Vote Points:
+46
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
I like the idea of having events etc. but maybe we could do different thing then building too, Cause the players who are really good at building will problaby win every time and the other players wouldnt have a chance what about a parkour or a maze?
Posted Jul 13, 18
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+320
Rare Trainer
LEVEL 8
Untagged users
i understand where youre coming from and i agree but also thats the urpose of the varied themes for builders with diffrent skill to show them, and this is for people who are better at building than battling.
Snaxy

Support - Forums
Posted Jul 14, 18 · OP
Vote Points:
+19
Uncommon Trainer
LEVEL 3
Untagged users
I don't think that we need to worry about people that can't build, since most of the builds looked amazing and we have weekly tournaments but not everyone can battle. I think a build contest balances out the strong points and weak points of the members' capabilities.
Posted Jul 14, 18
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+320
Rare Trainer
LEVEL 8
Untagged users
as my previous comment stated and Jordan also pointed out, I think this will be really nice for those who like the creative aspect of the game a tad bit more, and everyone can build with enough practice and I think with a more professional style well give feedback on what could've been improved and such also have a more clear set of rules cus my last one was lacking that.
Snaxy

Support - Forums
Posted Jul 14, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Alert Pixelmon Harmony
play.PixelmonHarmony.com
46 / 360
Today's Record: 114 players (16 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 131 players (Mon at 0:00)
Monthly Record: 131 players (Mon at 0:00)
NoticeNotices