Main Forum

Restricting Donor Perms

5 replies
Meager Trainer
LEVEL 4
Untagged users
I know most people probably won't like this idea, but I feel at this point it might be necessary. I would like to suggest the restriction of using certain donor perks to that rank and higher. First off, I want to say I understand that most are trying to be nice, by doing things some players cannot do. I.e. /pevolve <player>, I used to to do it just to be nice, but now players are constantly asking in chat for a pevolve or I get pmed often times asking if I can do it. It isn't just /pevolve but things like nondonors asking for pokeheal or /feed. It kind of takes away the rank a little bit if players are just able to ask for someone to do it, and someone obliges. Sometimes just so the player will stop spamming it in chat. Ranked players can of course do /phatch for other ranked players because all have access to that command. Why am I suggesting this? Well not only does it kind of get annoying after awhile players taking advantage of ranked players or higher ranked players' generosity. But I feel it is only fair to those who paid irl money or earned coupons to get the ranks they have. Players who don't have access to /feed can build a farm if they need food so often, or if they need a pokeheal well they can go to /warp heal. I also feel it should be treated with the same mentality as /warp evtraining for ranked players. There is /warp levellingarea for leveling up pokemon to evolve it. The way that it could be enforced is to just not allow players to be able to use the <player> portion of the command. I know players may not like this, but I hope you all can see where I am coming from.
1408208375_eaglepride15-signature.png
Posted May 13, 18 · OP
Vote Points:
+51
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
I know most people probably won't like this idea, but I feel at this point it might be necessary. I would like to suggest the restriction of using certain donor perks to that rank and higher. First off, I want to say I understand that most are trying to be nice, by doing things some players cannot do. I.e. /pevolve <player>, I used to to do it just to be nice, but now players are constantly asking in chat for a pevolve or I get pmed often times asking if I can do it. It isn't just /pevolve but things like nondonors asking for pokeheal or /feed. It kind of takes away the rank a little bit if players are just able to ask for someone to do it, and someone obliges. Sometimes just so the player will stop spamming it in chat. Ranked players can of course do /phatch for other ranked players because all have access to that command. Why am I suggesting this? Well not only does it kind of get annoying after awhile players taking advantage of ranked players or higher ranked players' generosity. But I feel it is only fair to those who paid irl money or earned coupons to get the ranks they have. Players who don't have access to /feed can build a farm if they need food so often, or if they need a pokeheal well they can go to /warp heal. I also feel it should be treated with the same mentality as /warp evtraining for ranked players. There is /warp levellingarea for leveling up pokemon to evolve it. The way that it could be enforced is to just not allow players to be able to use the <player> portion of the command. I know players may not like this, but I hope you all can see where I am coming from.
In my opinion, I believe this is unnecessary. You don't have to do what other players tell you to do, its up to you. I honestly don't believe it takes away from the rank since there is still a convenience factor when it comes to the rank. You aren't going to be able to find someone that /feeds you everytime you ask. Along with that, its kind of unfair to the people that can't buy ranks in the first place. With the current system unranked players can benefit as well.
Posted May 13, 18
Meager Trainer
LEVEL 4
Untagged users
It isn't a matter of me not having to do it, and often times I haven't been doing it. It is the fact of the matter of the increased amounts of players asking for /feed, /pokeheal, /pevolve, etc. I understand that it could also be due to the increase in the amount of players, but the ranked players have set a precedent doing these things. The server has added many things to make things a little more convenient for those who don't have ranks. For example: /warp levellingarea to level up pokemon and evolve them (I am aware that there are multiple ways to evolve a pokemon besides levelup), /warp publicevtraining to ev train mons, /warp heal to heal pokemon (players have access to /back so it can take them right back). Making a farm for food is not a difficult process to do. I just feel with these things implemented in the server, then the stuff that is achieved through donor ranks should be reserved for those who got those ranks. A second thing about your comment with the people who can't buy ranks. I disagree, the server provides a few opportunities to acquire ranks without the spending of one's own money. The first is to vote, you get in the top 10 and you get a coupon. The second is to get second place or win tournaments hosted twice every weekend. The third is to acquire enough money to purchase a rank through another player.
I feel like it shouldn't be a everyone gets a piece of the pie when you bought or earned the pie for yourself after working for it. I can share it, yes, but then people see you are willing to share and pounce on that generosity which is what has kind of been happening on the server with the increase of players asking for the aforementioned commands to be performed for them.
1408208375_eaglepride15-signature.png
Posted May 13, 18 · OP · Last edited May 13, 18 by eaglepride...
Dislike
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+805
New Trainer
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
Once you get access to the /god command, there is no need for the feed/heal command. That would render the 2 commands completely useless for higher rank players. Some players might have donated for a rank, because it includes them being able to heal and feed their friends. Personally I like to use these commands to help others. No one is forcing anyone to actually help and use these commands, its your own choice.
giphy.gif
Posted May 13, 18
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+1,121
Mythical Trainer
LEVEL 9
Admins
I'm not quite sure why this is suddenly an issue. People have asked for these things literally since day 1 - nothing's changed on that front. Even if we took these commands away, people are still going to ask no matter what you do, and all you'll do at that point is create more annoyed players and more opportunities for people to start spamming. Sure, people can build farms or hang around near existing healers for these things, and indeed many do - only a handful don't (or they're in positions where this isn't feasible).

Don't want to use those commands on people? Then don't, it is literally as simple as that. Most of the time I don't heal/pokeheal people without good reason, and I'm staff. But nor should you try and enforce that view on those who spent their own money and DO want to help others. Don't forget that I'm not coming here from the perspective of an unranked new player - I too am Arceus, and I paid for it out of my own pocket. So it's my choice what I use those perms for.

There are also times when a pokemon won't evolve normally; if no admin is on, then they need that higher donor rank assistance anyway, otherwise they could be waiting hours. If people start spamming for assistance then it gets dealt with in the same way any other spam would be.

Bottom line is this; if someone wants to use their donor perms to help somebody else, why should we stop them? Suggesting that everyone stops just because you don't want to smacks me of being rather selfish.
Posted May 14, 18
List
Undo
Vote Points:
+654
Common Trainer
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
I get where you are coming from eaglepride and I agree with Lukeno also. I hope it helps you enough to know, that we all feel that pressure. Don't feel you are being 'mean' if you don't help. After all, you might not be paying attention to chat; I know I often am engrossed with my own horrible building and don't look at it. I help when I feel like it. One thing I refuse to do, is to help people who aren't polite about it! As for those who demand free stuff, ha! Totally ignore them, I do. And randomly I give stuff to helpful unranked, even if they haven't asked. When they ask why, I say, cos you didn't ask for it lol.
I don't like the nagging. Too many expect what I wouldn't dare to ask for on joining a server! But it's probably cos I'm old (is that the same thing as mature?). When I do help, it's to take the load off staff; that worries me the most. To take some nags out of the chat I'll go and give them what they want; seems the quickest thing to do sometimes. Same with the /feed. But I'm extremely wary of /phatch cos too many times the egg has gone missing and I have no idea why! Lag, I think. Then I'm being suspected of theft and it's horrible. I only do it if it's not busy and there's nobody else responding to the request. Then I take a screenshot of sending it back!
So I'm saying, do what you feel like, don't do what you don't feel like. Nobody will think you are unhelpful and I'm sure it would not affect any desire you may have to be staff. There's other ways to help rather than using those commands, which those players really shouldn't be asking for, for obvious reasons.
I hope that helps!
Posted May 15, 18
List
Undo
Alert Pixelmon Harmony
play.PixelmonHarmony.com
49 / 360
Today's Record: 154 players (6 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 154 players (6 hours ago)
Monthly Record: 154 players (6 hours ago)
NoticeNotices