Main Forum

From a Legacy to New Beginnings - Getting Started!

4 replies
Mod
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Mod
Hello Everyone!

This is a guide on tips and tricks as well as numerous things you can do to help you get started on the server. First things first, to all previous Legacy Players: Welcome to "New Harmony"! For all new comers, Welcome to Pixelmon Harmony! We are a friendly community that plays on a server that is packed with features, events, etc. This guide will apply to both new comers and previous Legacy Players so stay tuned.

One thing I would like to clarify before we get on with this guide. The server, in a sense, was not reset completely. The Old Harmony, now called Legacy Harmony, is still up and you are free to join it and enjoy all your pokes, items, builds, etc. whenever you please. That server is untouched and still has all your progress. The so called "reset" happened on New Harmony, now simply called Harmony. Your ranks and other purchases dating one year back will transfer over to New Harmony. Besides those two things, everything was reset. It is a new map and yet another exciting adventure. That means all progress from Old Harmony has been wiped on New Harmony. It is also important to keep in mind that the main focus from now on will be on New Harmony and most of the events and tournaments will happen on it. For further information about the plans for tournaments on either server, please contact our tournament manager, thegamingAC130. Hopefully that clears things up.

From this point on I would like to address that I will be referring to New Harmony as Harmony, and Old Harmony as Legacy Harmony or simply Legacy.

Alright, statistics and facts out the way, let's get on with the guide!

So, How do I get started?
Starting a new adventure can always be confusing at first. You are lost in the moment, and do not know where to begin. Everything is new and you have no idea where to even start. So what do you do?

Well to start off, you join with an automatically redeemed welcome kit in your inventory. If you don't see it in your inventory a relog could usually fix a vision glitch of some sort if that is the case. However, if for some reason a relog does not fix the problem. please contact a staff member in-game for further instructions. Admins are the best to contact as they can deal with your issue head on. If no admin is available, please contact any other staff member present for further instruction.

With this starter kit you get quite a few useful items. Rare Candies, Pokeballs, Ultra Balls amongst others. These are your items and you can decide what to do with them. Personally, I sold the rare candies to quickly start taking care of my balance and begin building it up. Your balance is one of the most important things as you begin as it will allow you to buy items and pokemon from shop, /ah, and directly trade with players. The market has been completely reformed, and even though some argue it was re-broken as well, selling items at the shop (/warp shop) has been made much more efficient and is now built to benefit the player as much as possible. More detail about this will be found later on in the guide.

Next after you got some of that starting cash, it is probably a good idea to start building a base to store all your items. This base does not have to be very fancy, and it could also be something temporary for the moment. You can buy blocks from the shop or alternatively, mine / dig / chop them in the wilderness.

The Town System - Claiming Your Land
Now, say you have made the base or are about to make it. It is super important to claim your land! This will help you avoid nasty griefers and loss of items. In order to claim land, you must first be a part of a town. You can create your own town with the /t create <townname> command, or join an existing town after being invited with the command /t join <townname>. Now that you are a part of a town, you need to deposit some funds into the town's balance in order to start claiming. The town needs 50 PokeCoins to claim 1 chunk. You can deposit funds using /t deposit <amount>, and check the amount of funds your town has with the command /t info. Once your town has enough funds, go ahead and start claiming away with the command /t claim to claim 1 chunk at a time. Town claims are infinite as long as your town has enough funds. For full information on the town system which is an important aspect of Harmony and Legacy Harmony, please read up on /t help or /info town. It's also a great idea to sethome in your base using the command /sethome <name>. You can return to this home by using /home <name>. Remember, using this command as much as you need as homes are infinite.

Building Up Your Balance
There are a plethora of ways to build up your balance. Two of the most popular ways to make money are Pay Day and Breeding. Pay Day is the easier option and can in turn for some grinding, can grant you a lot of money. What is Pay Day? Well, Pay Day is a tm that can be taught to a pokemon and will grant you a certain amount of money per hit. The higher your pokemon's level, the more you get paid. Combined with an amulet coins which doubles your earnings, this can get very rewarding very fast. However, with the mechanics of gen 7, Pay Day is now only learned by one pokemon and that is Meowth. Not even Persian, Meowth's evolved form, can learn it by niether tm or level-up. You can find a guide to Pay Day efficiently here: Pay Day Guide. Mind that this guide is outdated, and happy hour is not attainable on Meowth or Persian anymore. Please clarify with a staff member if you are unsure of anything on this guide. This will help you avoid trouble as well.

The other option, Breeding, is a fare bit less grind inducing, but takes patience and understanding of a more complex method. To not get carried away on this highly detailed option, here is a guide for you to check out on breeding. Click here to visit it. Although this is more complex than Pay Day, it can be much more rewarding and it is how many many players have gotten tens of millions of PokeCoins.

These were the most popular ways, but there are more ways to do so on this short and concise guide about how to make money: Money Making Guide.

Done all that, what now?
Enjoy! All in all, the most important thing is that you enjoy your time. You can have fun with fellow players, participate in events and tournaments, do pokebattles for fun, apply for gym leader, take part in teambuliding, etc. The options are endless. You have joined a kind and caring community and every single player is an important part of that community. After all, this community we so cherish was built by the players.

Join our discord to receive important announcements about updates, events, and all things Pixelmon Harmony.

You are more than welcome to browse the website and look at events, contribute suggestions, apply for gym leader, and complete Pokemaster challenges.

Have a problem that you don't know how to fix? It is always a great idea to ask in-game first if that is possible. If you are still unable to fix your issue, feel free to use the Support System by submitting tickets, where the staff team (mainly admins) can deal with your problem directly.

If you still have questions, there are countless guides on how to do things on the forums that you can check out. Alternatively, you can ask away in-game and a lot of the times people will have an answer for your questions.

Now, this might seem like a follow-through on what to do when you join the server. It really isn't. These are just suggestions to get you up and running. You can mix the order of these or even not do any of them at all. Overall, I hope this guide helped you in some way. I hope you enjoy your time on the server and continue to build our amazing community.

Thank you all, and have a great day!
LiranISR
Pixelmon Harmony Moderator
Legacy Harmony Ice Gym Leader

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

giphy.gif
Support - Forums
Posted Apr 7, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Helper
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Helper
Very helpful tutorial liran!
Posted Apr 8, 18
Wolfy o
Online on Site
Untagged users
Thanks for the Guide!
Posted Apr 16, 18
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Untagged users
You linking to the light version of my breeding guide feels like I was right in creating one, lawl. Anyways, gj dude. As a breeder I d like to add a little advice for all my fellow colleagues and future colleagues. There are two pokis essential to breeding. 1) A poki with flame body. I like to use talonflame since he can both fly and has the flame body. 2) In order to hunt HA pokemon I d suggest getting a porygon. That is all. Gl & hf everyone :)
Posted Apr 16, 18
Delfard
Delfard @ Harmony
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
Tr0ng A Trace Ralts is easier to obtain. Nice guide by the way, Liran.
Posted Apr 17, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Alert Pixelmon Harmony
play.PixelmonHarmony.com
69 / 585
Today's Record: 203 players (16 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 203 players (16 hours ago)
Monthly Record: 203 players (16 hours ago)
NoticeNotices